- Second SKODA model for the Indian market as part of the INDIA 2 project.0
- The elegant sedan is characterized by an emotional design language, balanced proportions and a coupe-like silhouette
- Official presentation of the new SKODA SLAVIA in November 2021
Mlada Boleslav/Pune – SKODA AUTO is giving a first impression of the new SLAVIA for the Indian market with two official design sketches. The second new model within the INDIA 2 project.0 after the SUV KUSHAQ presented at the beginning of 2021 is a classic notchback sedan for the A0 segment, which is very popular in India. The SLAVIA is also based on the MQB-A0-IN version of the modular transverse matrix from the Volkswagen Group that SKODA AUTO specially adapted for India and is manufactured locally in Pune. The official presentation will take place in November 2021.
The first of the two design sketches shows the front and side lines of the SLAVIA. The name is reminiscent of the beginnings of the company and the first bicycles sold by the founding fathers Vaclav Laurin and Vaclav Klement from 1896 in Mlada Boleslav. You can see a flat front with a wide, hexagonal SKODA grille that comes close to narrow, sharply cut headlights with an L-shaped daytime running light strip. The coupe-like silhouette of the vehicle and a long wheelbase can also be seen, and there is a distinctive badge with SKODA lettering on the front fenders.
The second sketch shows the rear of the new SKODA SLAVIA. The roof line of the notchback sedan slopes gently towards the rear and flows elegantly into the trunk lid. In addition to the SKODA lettering in individual letters, the visual impression is also characterized by the rear apron with a chrome strip. In addition, side reflectors emphasize the width of the vehicle. The rear lights with the SKODA-typical C light pattern are divided into two and reach into the tailgate.
Technically, the SKODA SLAVIA is based on the locally developed and produced MQB-A0-IN platform, which is already designed for the new, stricter safety and emissions regulations in India. As with the already successfully launched SKODA KUSHAQ, the new sedan was also developed at the SKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Technology Center in Pune. Overall, the automobile manufacturer achieves localization of up to 95 percent in production.
- steers successfully through the new decade with the NEXT LEVEL – SKODA STRATEGY 2030.
- is striving to be one of the five top-selling brands in Europe by 2030 with attractive offers in the entry-level segments and other e-models.
- develops into the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers ten car model series: FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ.
- delivered over one million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2020.
- has been part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s most successful automobile manufacturers, for 30 years.
- manufactures and develops vehicles as well as components such as engines and transmissions independently within the group.
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through group partnerships and in the Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs more than 43.000 employees worldwide and is represented in over 100 markets.
SKODA AUTO Deutschland GmbH
- entered the German market in September 1991.
- represented in connection with around 1.100 sales and service partners the SKODA brand in Germany.
- is part of the success story of the traditional Czech brand: in 2020, over 181.000 new SKODA vehicles were registered as passenger cars, which corresponds to a market share of 6.2 percent. SKODA was not only the number one import brand in Germany for the twelfth year in a row, but also further consolidated its position among the well-known volume brands.
› New sedan for the Indian market with generous space and striking design details › Round air outlets and horizontal decorative strip frame the central,…
Second SKODA model based on the MQB-A0-IN platform specially developed for India Two powerful and efficient TSI engines to choose from Up to six airbags…
The new SKODA KUSHAQ is the first production vehicle as part of the INDIA 2 project.0. Under the overall responsibility of SKODA AUTO, the Volkswagen…
Efficient, emotional, electrifying – these characteristics describe the ENYAQ iV. With the first purely battery- electric SUV from SKODA, the Czech car…
With the KUSHAQ, SKODA AUTO is heralding a new era on the Indian market. The mid-range SUV offers the generous amount of space that is typical of SKODA…
With the market launch of the OCTAVIA RS and the OCTAVIA SCOUT station wagon with off-road influences, SKODA is rounding off the generation change of its…
Mlada Boleslav – With the SKODA ENYAQ SPORTLINE iV, a traditional model variant from the Czech car manufacturer is making its way into the all-electric…
› The update to the medium-sized SKODA SUV is characterized by a more strikingly designed front end and new headlights › Digital media presentation ‘The…
› The name is reminiscent of the legendary Dakar Rally and SKODA AUTO’s responsibility for all of the Volkswagen Group’s activities in North Africa › 25…
› More than half a million units of the SUV have been produced since it was launched in 2017 › Last year and in the first half of 2021, the brand’s…